As 2017 comes to a close, take a moment to reflect on all the work, projects, and tasks accomplished. Before kicking off the New Year, mark your calendars with these important dates, so you’re ready to tackle wellness in 2018!
- 1st, New Years Day! Many people use the new year to kick off “a new you” and remember to stay focused on committed throughout the year
- 27th– Chinese New Year
- 31st– Distribute Forms W-2, 1099, and 1095-C AND Form 941 Due
- Heart Health Month! Remind employees to get their annual physicals to make sure they are in tip-top shape!
- 2nd– Employee Appreciation Day!
- 4th – National Sleep Awareness Week kicks off, experts suggest 7-9 hours of sleep per night for a healthy and productive lifestyle.
- 11st- Daylight Savings (Set those clocks!)
- 20th– First Day of Spring
- Mental Health Awareness Month- Remind employees of your benefits that address mental health and emotional wellbeing and how your EAP can help
- 2nd– Submit Electronic Form 1094-C and 1095-C to IRS
- It’s Global Employee Health and Fitness Month! Host a wellness or fitness event at the office to kick-start healthy lifestyle changes for your employees!
- 5th – Sun Safety Week Kicks Off – Remember to use sun tan lotion with an SPF of 40+ to protect your skin
- 21st– First Day of Summer, Seasonal allergies are in full bloom, consult your doctor if you find yourself sneezing with watery eyes.
- UV Safety Month – Remember to continue to apply sunscreen
- 4th– Independence Day
- 31st– Form 941 Due
- It’s National Immunization Month-Start thinking about Flu Shots for employees!
- 1st- Last Day of Workplace Benefits Mania Conference- Phoenix, AZ
- 1st– Labor Day
- 22nd– Fall Begins
- National Cholesterol Education Month – Schedule a “Nutrition Lunch & Learn Workshop” to educate your employees how to keep their cholesterol in check with a healthy diet
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month- take a day to have the company wear pink to show support or host a fundraiser to donate to the cause.
- 31st– Form 941 Due
- No-Shave November- It’s Men’s Health Awareness Month. Host a company-wide no-shave initiative to remind the males at your company that focusing on their health and having their annual check-up is important too!
- 4th– Daylight Savings Ends
- 6th– Election Day- encourage employees to head out to the polls!
- 22nd– Thanksgiving
- Open Enrollment- It’s that time of the year! Open Enrollment for benefits for a January 1st effective date.
- 3rd – Handwashing awareness week kicks off – clean hands greatly help to prevent the spread of germs
- 14th– Have employees submit a new W-4 form if withholdings changed
- 25th– Christmas Day
Need help organizing your wellness planning for the year ahead? Want ideas of how to keep initiatives going year-round?
MBL Benefits Consulting can help! From implementing engaging wellness initiatives to innovative HR systems we’ve got you covered year-round.