Take care of your employees by offering digital solutions that target diabetes.
Medical costs decrease after a business implements a wellness program.In fact, researchers from Harvard University found that medical costs decreased by $3.27 for every dollar spent on wellness programs in the workplace. A 28% reduction in absenteeism and cost reduction of $2.37 for every dollar invested was also seen by companies that implemented a workplace wellness solution.
While cost control is important, having productive workers drives business success. Telehealth solutions and digital partners that target chronic health disease can help drive down these costs and create a healthier workforce.
Diabetes is one of the top non-communicable chronic diseases that affects Americans. Some of the biggest contributors to type II diabetes development is poor nutrition habits and lack of exercise. For those living with type I diabetes, poor disease management can lead to complications such as glaucoma, neuropathy, or kidney disease.
To help reduce costs, absenteeism, and take care of your workforce who is diabetic or pre-diabetic, check out these 5 technology solutions and strategies:
- Glooko- A mobile application compatible with iPhone and Android, Glooko syncs up to meters and pumps to track glucose and insulin levels. Food, medication, and insulin levels can be tracked as well as lifestyle factors such as exercise. This data is then used to gain better insights into treatment plans and can easily be shared with an individual’s care team.
- Omada Health-Wellness and engagement through diet digital health program identifying those at risk for diabetes and heart disease.
- Livongo– The better solution to managing diabetes and blood glucose levels. Livongo takes a personal approach with their blood glucose readers, by sending readers straight to the doors of users with unlimited test strips. They also provide 24/7 support and coaching with Certified Diabetes Educators and create a community for care.
- Fit4D– A health coaching service that connects Certified Diabetes Educators with patients for one-on-one coaching through various platforms. By creating personalized pathways for better lifestyle habits, Fit4D improves health outcomes and adherence.
- WellDoc/Bluestar– Individualized guidance for those living with type II diabetes to help self-manage their disease. Based on clinical evidence and behavioral science, the app seeks to have better wellness outcomes.
Providing digital solutions makes managing diabetes easier. By having access to necessary tools at your fingertip and investing in your employees long-term health, you can create a supportive and healthy work environment.