Everyone has been buzzing about wellness lately. Benefits are no longer just about health insurance – over half of employees consider wellness packages extremely important when making a job decision. One crucial aspect of a wellness program is a fitness benefit that gets employees moving. Offering a fitness options for your employees is a great way to encourage activity and exercise. Many studies have been done showing the benefits of exercise for employees and as a result, your business.
We recently had an opportunity to chat with the team at Zeamo about kicking off 2020 wellness initiatives on the right foot.
Zeamo is a fitness solution for your company that offers access to thousands of gyms and online workout classes! By partnering with Zeamo, you can easily provide your team with access to thousands of gyms across the country, all with one monthly subscription.
They rounded up a few of the top reasons to get your team moving through wellness initiatives!
- Increase motivation: Wellness and fitness initiatives are backed by research that claims physical fitness is linked to increased concentration, motivation, and information processing. A 2018 study showed that people who exercised reported that their concentration increased by 21% and they were 41% more motivated for work.
- The happiness factor: Many studies have proven that exercise is an all-natural treatment to fight depression by boosting endorphin levels and also stimulating brain function. In a recent study, scientists collected data about the physical behavior and mental mood of over 1.2 million Americans. When asked how often they felt mentally unwell due to stress or emotional problems, participants who exercised regularly were generally happier than nonactive participants.
- Boost productivity: If you are considering additional ways to incorporate wellness into your company culture, take this company’s lead. They saw productivity rise 15% and attrition drop to zero for a three-year period by incorporating meditation, healthy food and physical activity into daily operations. Walking meetings are encouraged, employees have discounted access to gyms, and the kitchen is stocked with a fruit bowl.
- Keep employees healthy: The American Heart Association recommends that adults get 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity per week – which breaks down to 15-30 minutes a session if you exercise 5 days a week. Small amounts of exercise are even shown to increase longevity. A study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine showed that study participants who made a habit of running once per week had a significantly lower death rate than those who didn’t.
Zeamo makes it easy to bring the benefits of fitness to your employees. You and your team win with Zeamo:
- Reduced paperwork and contracts with multiple gyms
- Zero cost to the employer to provide access
- Easily subsidize fitness options for your team
- Unlimited access to thousands of gyms and online workouts
- Rewards for activity to redeem for travel, concerts and more
- No annual contracts or membership fees