We live in a world where trends are constantly changing, new information is thrown at us daily and where most of us constantly are on-the-go. As passionate leaders and life-long learners, we want and have to find time-efficient ways to stay on top of the ever changing HR landscape so that we can manage our teams effectively. Enter: a list of informative HR podcasts that you can take full advantage of on your commute to work, lunch break or while on the elliptical.
This list was created by researching other HR blogs for podcast suggestions. The podcasts listed came up several times throughout different posts and came highly recommended.
- HBR IdeaCast Harvard Business Reviews weekly podcast features leading thinkers in business and management world with over 300 episodes and a 4.4 out of 5 star rating.
- Hiring Success Podcast features guests from the HR profession, this podcast focuses on hiring practices with the belief that “you are who you hire”.
- Workology Podcast for the disruptive workplace and HR leader who’s tired of the status quo, Jessica Miller-Merrell, founder of Workology.com sits down with guests to discuss trends, tools and case studies for the business leader in 25-minute, bite-sized episodes.
- HR Happy Hour Focuses on human resources, management, leadership, and workforce technology, this show is hosted by Steve Boese, the Co-Chair of the HR Technology Conference and Trish McFarlane, CEO of H3 HR Advisors.
- CIPD : 4 out of 5 star ratings, all podcasts are 30 minutes or less.
- DriveThru HR 4.2 out of 5 star rating, podcasts are released 3x/week & are about 30 minutes long covering HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR.
- HR Heroes with a 4.7 out of 5 star rating, this podcast is dedicated to bringing you the stories, tips and strategies you need to support the future of your people in the age of new HR technology by bringing together HR tech industry experts to discuss the latest trends, challenges and solutions emerging in the everyday workplace.
- Nine-to-Thrive HR offers fresh content to solve your human capital issues from leading HR practitioners from Fortune 1000 companies, as well thought-leaders, authors, and academics. These experts cover everything from talent acquisition and analytics to engagement, retention, and development.
- The HR Social Hour Half Hour Podcast Join HR pros Jon Thurmond and Wendy Dailey weekly as they chat with other practitioners about connecting, giving back, and building your network.
We hope this line-up is useful . You may have heard that the “brain is like a muscle” and just like other muscles, you have to exercise the brain by learning new things. There is research which shows that learning helps build neuron connections and can stave off diseases. But the act of learning can makes us happier, feel a sense of accomplishment and competence, and can give us the confidence to do our jobs or anything else we set our minds to do.